Twitter is a very mature social media platform founded in March, 2006 and today is ubiquitous as Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. So why Twitter over other media platforms? It’s a great tool for rapidly building relationships, answering customer questions or reading up to the minute news.
Twitter is the best platform for providing short, frequent messages as well as up to the moment for information, search and events going on, as people post them, as they happen. So you are not having conversations as you would with email responses that may take hours to days or minimal interaction with Facebook likers who may never see your Page in their Newsfeed.
I like and use other platforms, yet none of these give me the greatest feedback or the immediacy of feedback or conversations like Twitter does.
Sign up is super easy too. You just need;
Email; and a
Password; that’s easy to remember
Here are ten more fantastic reasons you must be using Twitter,
- Twitter is also like Youtube, Facebook and Google, that sports a search engine allowing you to find hashtags, people or other keywords.
- Periscope – Twitters platform for live video feed – a useful platform for showing your twitter following a live feed of an event (using a mobile device and it’s camera), a keynote, playing a musical instrument or even just the surrounding areas if you are taking a stroll. You can be notified to join a live feed to watch or if you miss it, go back later and view a feed for up to 24 hours after it finishes. After that, it is deleted. A word to the wise, do not record potential infringing video, like live broadcasts of musical events, conferences or interviews, unless you have explicit permission.
- It’s a useful tool for finding out about current, local news events as it happens.
- You can create public or private lists. Lists are useful for keeping track of specific groups of people or that groups tweets. You can be added other people’s lists or create your own list.
- If you represent a business, then customer service is a high priority for you and a super focus for companies to provide answers for customers who ask questions via Twitter. It’s also useful to keep your clients informed of new events, product releases, special deals or to provide information when things don’t go to plan (for example, product shipping delays or a popular item has run out and you inform when that item is next available).
- Unlike other social media platforms you can engage with literally anyone that’s on Twitter, even if you don’t follow them or they follow you. You will see other messages from people you follow who Retweet (you may not be following that person who tweeted before being retweeted) or when someone contacts you using @yourusername. Other people who are following you will see when you retweet others and when you send a tweet via @yourusername.
- With only a 140 character restriction, this forces you to become creative in the way you use the platform. This is why messages are punchy and very short web links are used to allow you to view images, audio, video and other media on other sites.
- Using the Twitter platform or one of the third party tools available is great, simple and straight forward to consume and use on all types of mobile devices.
- You can rapidly build a brand, presence or use it as an extension of your business and engage with your audience and build relationships with your customers, colleagues, peers and with industry influencers.
- It is the easiest platform to understand and use, even on a daily basis.
Even if you find you’re still unsure how to use aspects of Twitter and want to know more, send me an email and I will answer your question.
If you found this useful please on forward this post to someone who will benefit.